Flat tracker drawings

NervousNovice125G

Dec 10, 2020
Hi guys, I'm Mark the original nervous novice.
As much as I desired to make it in the pro ranks, my natural talent wasn't turning left at Ascot.
Yet I could always draw. I'm in my 60s now and draw for fun.
I would like to share some of my drawings. I'll start with a couple of my friend's bikes.

charliesAstro_2021.jpgricks750_2020.jpg

Last edited:

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Hmmmmm :unsure:

The wheels are turning in my head. That can often be a problem. :rolleyes:

Awesome talent Fred!
TE

NervousNovice125G

Dec 10, 2020
How much time I spend on a drawing depends on the bike. Just the engine alone can take many days to draw, sometimes a week.
Once I have the engine drawn, I can fit it into different frames. Most of my drawings are bikes from the 70s.
triumphEngine2.jpg
triumphEngine.jpg

rats

Dec 14, 2020
Nice welds!

What's your preferred medium? I mean, I can see your work is ... what do you call it? Software facilitated? It's good stuff, thanks for the Show & Tell.

James rats

fred cuba

Dec 11, 2020
i dont think i can aford what i want its a one off thanks for your time have a merry chritmas fred

NervousNovice125G

Dec 10, 2020
Nice welds!

What's your preferred medium? I mean, I can see your work is ... what do you call it? Software facilitated? It's good stuff, thanks for the Show & Tell.

James rats
I use Adobe Illustrator. It is all line vector, meaning no pixels, can be enlarged to any size with no loss. So I blend one shape into another shape. I end up with thousands or shapes in each drawing.vector_husky_sample.jpg

jerry57g

Dec 11, 2020
Those are definitely NOT amateur drawings!!! Regardless of your riding ability. Very very nice!

rats

Dec 14, 2020
Holy moley, that's interesting. Thanks for the underlying ... uh, lines. Contour borders. Structural underpinnings? What do you call them, anyway?

You're really, really good, obviously. Thanks again for showing us your stuff. Also, yeah, that's a fine Husqvarna. I appreciate that you included the dirt and worn engine paint.

Little Fauss

Dec 23, 2020
I used to race flat track, have a degree in graphic design and worked as an illustrator for a reprographics firm years ago. I've done some flat track artwork before, but compared to you, I'm a yellow plate junior and you're a national number. Great work!

Reactions: Odgie and JE94

NervousNovice125G

Dec 10, 2020
I used to race flat track, have a degree in graphic design and worked as an illustrator for a reprographics firm years ago. I've done some flat track artwork before, but compared to you, I'm a yellow plate junior and you're a national number. Great work!
Thanks for the kind words.
Here is my latest. Now I can strip it down and make a flat tracker.1968-yamaha-dt1-250.jpg