Godspeed Allan Gridler

dennisvft

Dec 9, 2020
We lost a major motorsports journalist today. He was one of the most knowledgeable people of the golden era fire breathing 750 flatrackers and was still a regular competitor while in his eighties at SCFTA's Perris track.

Attachments

• 04Apr27-AllenGirdler2.jpg
    04Apr27-AllenGirdler2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Allen on his trusty HD250 framer @ Perris in the "Super Senior Class" 2008
=Godspeed=

Attachments

• Allen Gridler SuperSenior86d 2008 Perris.jpg
    Allen Gridler SuperSenior86d 2008 Perris.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7

rats

Dec 14, 2020
Still looking for confirmation that Mr. Girdler has died. Dennis put up the news on VFT eight days ago, and I have yet to see an obit anywhere else (and I've been watching for one).

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Still looking for confirmation that Mr. Girdler has died. Dennis put up the news on VFT eight days ago, and I have yet to see an obit anywhere else (and I've been watching for one).
Allen lived about 40 miles from me in Fallbrook, Ca. The daily newspaper I subscribe with where I'm at, is also the same one delivered in Fallbrook. If & when I see something regarding Allen in the local obits, I'll scan it & post it on this thread.

dennisvft

Dec 9, 2020
I talked to Eli and he said his dad talked to Allan's son. Surprising the media hasn't reported. I didn't realize how many books Allan authored. I have a signed XR copy and I ordered other books he authored from sellers on the internet. dennis vft

rats

Dec 14, 2020
Thanks, Dennis & AHRMA. Truly strange that no one has eulogized him yet (that I can find)!