Kicking Off, Looking Good

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Spanish Rounders with original paint :

Ossa Stiletto TT - Highly original including its Spanish Pirelli tires.

1611631234278.png

1611631327389.png

Bultaco Astro - Motor is a 163 Lower with a 192 Cylinder / Head & 36 mm Mikuni.

1611631953745.png

1611632969751.png

1611632038226.png

1611633067108.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AHRMA92 and RGXR

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
92 : At least in Texas, not many were raced. One owner near me seemed to spend all of his time modifying the bike. The Centurions were everywhere. Who was 182y ? Photo location ?

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Davie Lewis' ride @ The Cow Palace Indoor.

100cc Centurion's were neat as we referred to them as the baby Greenstreaks. At that time in my life, I had a 125 Bultaco Sherpa S doing southern California CMC mx track time on it. Piston & Rings were purchased by the 6 Pak :)

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Cow Palace : I figured that was it, although I've never been there. The A&A Bul was the clue.

I'm in North Texas. Grew up in the South but have now lived in DFW for a long time.

Often rode with a compadre' who had a perfect M-63. He took excellent care of his prize and I always liked the model. Soon after, another guy & I did some local traveling. He ran a Sherpa S 200. I've only run a small amount of MX. Everything else was flattrack, scrambles, & pavement. I've owned and built many Buls, so I know what you're saying re pistons & rings !

I'm curious to find out if Ginger's TSS actually runs and if it has any speed. It's not in hand yet. It should do fine, but I don't think it will compare to any of my small-bore Yamahas. Maybe I'll be surprised.

The baby Greenstreaks would run and several of the 125 Bultacos bored to 175 were fast.

Here's a genuine M-66 175 survivor. It's in great condition and runs well. The final versions came with plastic fenders that didn't last. I replaced them with fiberglass re-pops. In the photo, the light makes the replacements look too white, but they're actually more ivory colored.

1612162737785.png

1612162851599.png

1612162981378.png

Last edited:

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Cow Palace : I figured that was it, although I've never been there. The A&A Bul was the clue.

I'm in North Texas. Grew up in the South but have now lived in DFW for a long time.

Often rode with a compadre' who had a perfect M-63. He took excellent care of his prize and I always liked the model. Soon after, another guy & I did some local traveling. He ran a Sherpa 200. I've only run a small amount of MX. Everything else was flattrack, scrambles, & pavement. I've owned and built many Buls, so I know what you're saying re pistons & rings !

I'm curious to find out if Ginger's TSS actually runs and if it has any speed. It's not in hand yet. It should do fine, but I don't think it will compare to any of my small-bore Yamahas. Maybe I'll be surprised.

The baby Greenstreaks would run and several of the 125 Bultacos bored to 175 were fast.

Here's a genuine M-66 175 survivor. It's in great condition and runs well. The final versions came with plastic fenders that didn't last. I replaced them with fiberglass re-pops. In the photo, the light makes the replacements look too white, but they're actually more ivory colored.

View attachment 206

View attachment 207

View attachment 209
It was great 1st time mx bike for me. 1970 model bought used in '71, after I sold my 1st ever bike (one with a transmission that is) a Kawasaki 120 roadrunner that was stripped of all it's lighting equipment. The little Sherpa got me through 2 seasons worth of Junior level mx racing -all with the help of being partially sponsored by my parents along with having a San Diego Union~Tribune newspaper route. Those were the days.
The Sherpa got traded in for a Maico 250 @ Key Cycle Service here in San Diego, and after a stretch on it, along came a CZ250 from a neighborhood friend -that took me through High School. Fond memories that I'll never forget. I did not really do any Class C flattrack stuff until later, after I joined Ahrma in 1988. With Ahrma I did vintage MX & Flattrack @ the same time. This Champion Can Am 250 was bike of choice. Still have it today, an ez 30+yrs later. This is an early pic of it with my Ahrma number in 1991.

Attachments

• Can Am Champion H2O.jpg
    Can Am Champion H2O.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 24

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Looking great ! I'll bet it runs.

Sponsorship by paper route : Righteous. Same here. For two years, I handled a large apt. complex. Lots of War Stories : Mean-ass dogs, Good customers, Bad customers stiffin' a po' kid for a monthly $2.40, Two genuine fist-fights, Tracking down the deadbeats who moved to neighboring apts. , and even a new girlfriend. They put in a new pool for the studio apartments. She lived there and nearly all subscribed. Can't leave out the fat black woman driver who rolled into me & the work bike ( Schwinn ) while I was stopped. Talk about running a rough indoor, I was on my head ! That was a mean ol' bitch if ever there was. If she hadn't jumped back in her damned car I probably would have lost that battle twice. The place was a Happening and had some of everything. Bottom Line : It enabled being able to buy motorcycles and here we are. We'd do it all again if we could !

Last edited:
Reactions: AHRMA92

mikebike11y

Dec 11, 2020
92 : At least in Texas, not many were raced. One owner near me seemed to spend all of his time modifying the bike. The Centurions were everywhere. Who was 182y ? Photo location ?
Ascot Riders list 182y as Dave Lewis - Cow Palace south San Francisco

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Taking Liberty here...

Before arranging the XR-styled 883 already shown, I'd built-up a 1992 FXR. I started with a new cycle.

The idea hatched when a customer brought a similar FXRS model and wanted the Kerker exhaust added with proper tuning. ( jetting & improved ignition module )

The result was a 1340 cc machine sounding like an XR-750 on steroids. None of the many other exhausts sounded as good.

I also built it with the quality of components the MoCo should have been using. Fat chance, but I'll play nice.

This motorcycle runs hard, An " FXR-TT " doesn't fly on pump gas. Ethanol-laced swill is not allowed.

Take a look :

1612555034023.png

1612555094297.png

Last edited:

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Your built FXR-TT looks great. I'm sure it rides good too, esp with what looks to be a set of those modern day Ceriani style forks. Forcilla Mfg, I forget the actual name, but have seen them before. I think Stortz carried them. Actually I more in tune with the vintage 50's, 60's & 70's Ceriani's for all my Class C builds.

On the other hand my buddy Richard Pollock who's about 25 minutes north of me in (Poway, Ca.) has really done some nice work in the past building exotic HD trackers. Here's one he did a few years back.
Now days he has been more focused with building & upgrading today's new Triumph's twin offerings.

Attachments

• Richard Pollock HD1200.jpg
    Richard Pollock HD1200.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 13

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020

Attachments

• Clyde C&J OSSA 250 nice (3).jpg
    Clyde C&J OSSA 250 nice (3).jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 14

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Mule is a fantastic builder with incredible skills.

I like your hot-rod Ossa ! Something about Variety & the Spice of Life continues to ring true. A few of us will never cotton to the GD communists.

About my FXR :

The solo seat is a factory item. It flips up to access the battery & oil tank,

The standard seat for two-up riding goes in in seconds. I used to ride often and we've had many good times.

I've built other FXR models and all were bought out from under me. That one's my keeper.

If I ran DT tires on that bike, with spirited riding, the rear might last for 200 miles.

I have an ATK DTES " Harley Hunter " which eats a rear tread PDQ. That means a few hundred miles.

The ATK's motor is stock except for an altered intake and adjusting the exhaust's SuperTrapp. The mods allowed 4 more rear wheel horsepower.

Later, I'll add a few specs for the " TT ".

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
The Ossa is neat & quite the looker, but compared to the rotary-valve Can Am I have -it's no match.

Yeah those Goodyear Eagle's & Carlisle Arrow RA's will will shed rubber =fast= on blacktop. My ATK just has dual sport tires on it for the little Boondocking I occasionally do.

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Here's the tire eating ATK DTES " Harley Hunter " :

1616968236615.png

1616968308240.png

Purchased new and I added the Enduro lighting to make it street legal.

Reactions: AHRMA92