Kicking Off, Looking Good

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
rats, as always you're a gentleman & a scholar !

The vintage specialties are always interesting to see & study.

IOW - " El gusto es mio. "

Class C was it. For the small bore classes, we have to remember the tremendous production of motocross bikes was great for flattracking.

I've never had a Harley / Aermacchi MX250 motor in a Champion frame or similar, but I do own a fine example of an original MX'er.

Here we go...

It seems to be close to 100 %

Maybe a few other proper race versions will come out of the woodwork ?

1626686613223.png

1626686798811.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AHRMA92 and RGXR

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
rats, as always you're a gentleman & a scholar !

The vintage specialties are always interesting to see & study.

IOW - " El gusto es mio. "

Class C was it. For the small bore classes, we have to remember the tremendous production of motocross bikes was great for flattracking.

I've never had a Harley / Aermacchi MX250 motor in a Champion frame or similar, but I do own a fine example of an original MX'er.

Here we go...

It seems to be close to 100 %

Maybe a few other proper race versions will come out of the woodwork ?

View attachment 477

View attachment 478

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Gentlemen & scholars , cont'd ....

We're not forgetting 92 above, but in conjunction with the MX250 models, there's a related book.

It was put together by Keith Geisner. It's safe to say he did his homework.

The title is : Finding # 49.

The following provides a preview for those interested in all phases of H-D race history.

It was published 11-14-2019 and maybe a few missed seeing it ??

Last edited:

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Gentlemen & scholars , cont'd ....

We're not forgetting 92 above, but in conjunction with the MX250 models, there's a related book.

It was put together by Keith Geisner. It's safe to say he did his homework.

The title is : Finding # 49.

The following provides a preview for those interested in all phases of H-D race history.

It was published 11-14-2019 and maybe a few missed seeing it ??
Great book!
There are a few SX's raced locally. I literally just deleted photos this morning from my phone of a survivor MX a pal rescued recently. Found leaning against a mailbox along a rural road with a 4-sale sign. o_O When he knocked on the door the guy who answered had inherited it, and seemed to know what he had. Fortunately for my friend (and the bike) the guy's shakes foretold that he needed something else at the moment more than an old motorbike and he took the offer!
Not a "proper" dirt tracker but I rescued an SX myself a few years ago. Been on the track a few times but not a "proper' race... yet.
Coming home.jpg
FIRST RIDE.JPG