Kicking Off, Looking Good

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
rats, as always you're a gentleman & a scholar !

The vintage specialties are always interesting to see & study.

IOW - " El gusto es mio. "

Class C was it. For the small bore classes, we have to remember the tremendous production of motocross bikes was great for flattracking.

I've never had a Harley / Aermacchi MX250 motor in a Champion frame or similar, but I do own a fine example of an original MX'er.

Here we go...

It seems to be close to 100 %

Maybe a few other proper race versions will come out of the woodwork ?

1626686613223.png

1626686798811.png

Last edited:

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
rats, as always you're a gentleman & a scholar !

The vintage specialties are always interesting to see & study.

IOW - " El gusto es mio. "

Class C was it. For the small bore classes, we have to remember the tremendous production of motocross bikes was great for flattracking.

I've never had a Harley / Aermacchi MX250 motor in a Champion frame or similar, but I do own a fine example of an original MX'er.

Here we go...

It seems to be close to 100 %

Maybe a few other proper race versions will come out of the woodwork ?

View attachment 477

View attachment 478

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Gentlemen & scholars , cont'd ....

We're not forgetting 92 above, but in conjunction with the MX250 models, there's a related book.

It was put together by Keith Geisner. It's safe to say he did his homework.

The title is : Finding # 49.

The following provides a preview for those interested in all phases of H-D race history.

It was published 11-14-2019 and maybe a few missed seeing it ??

Last edited:

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Gentlemen & scholars , cont'd ....

We're not forgetting 92 above, but in conjunction with the MX250 models, there's a related book.

It was put together by Keith Geisner. It's safe to say he did his homework.

The title is : Finding # 49.

The following provides a preview for those interested in all phases of H-D race history.

It was published 11-14-2019 and maybe a few missed seeing it ??
Great book!
There are a few SX's raced locally. I literally just deleted photos this morning from my phone of a survivor MX a pal rescued recently. Found leaning against a mailbox along a rural road with a 4-sale sign. o_O When he knocked on the door the guy who answered had inherited it, and seemed to know what he had. Fortunately for my friend (and the bike) the guy's shakes foretold that he needed something else at the moment more than an old motorbike and he took the offer!
Not a "proper" dirt tracker but I rescued an SX myself a few years ago. Been on the track a few times but not a "proper' race... yet.
Coming home.jpg
FIRST RIDE.JPG

Reactions: Calkins

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Of course it's not a racer, but the man who purchased it new has traveled as fast as any human.

For this one, I always say, " What else would a Right Stuff astronaut-in-training have purchased before the first lunar landing ? "

That's right, a new BSA
Rocket III.

The man is acclaimed astronaut and genius, Dr. Story Musgrave. His credentials, abilities, physical conditioning, and discipline are second to none.

He flew on all five shuttles. The missions involved work he and a team member performed to correct the spherical aberration in the Hubble Space Telescope.

While orbiting, he was standing on a platform outside the shuttle bay for hours at a time. It was a bit more complicated and tedious than changing a flat.

Photos 3 & 4 show his parking permits when working at Johnson Space Center outside of Houston, Texas.

BSA Rocket III, 1.JPGBSA Rocket III, 2.JPGBSA Rocket III, 3.JPGBSA Rocket III, 4.JPG

Last edited:

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
More Content...

They are " Framers " :

Rickman T100C

Original from 1968

Verified Steens' Kit

Includes genuine Rickman hubs

Rickman T100, 1.JPG

Rickman T100, 2.JPG

Rickman T100, 3.JPG

Rickman Montesa 250, 1972

Mint, 100 % NOS, Never Run

Rickman Montesa, 7.jpg

Rickman Montesa, 6.jpg

Rickman Montesa, 5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Calkins and AHRMA92

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020

Attachments

• Hosaka Rickman Large 55x (2).jpg
    Hosaka Rickman Large 55x (2).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Wayne Hosaka Rickman 750 (3).jpg
    Wayne Hosaka Rickman 750 (3).jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Hosaka 100 lapper ascot with Skip VL Rickman.jpg
    Hosaka 100 lapper ascot with Skip VL Rickman.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Calkins

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
Good Framer stuff indeed. 531 Reynolds Tubing -Brazed together & then plated. Our local racer, the late Wayne Hosaka did a couple years of saddle time on one. Raced mostly at Ascot & Southbay Park Speedway, with the larger 750 mill & a noted Trackmaster swingarm installed later as with a rear disc brake. His 'ol Class C mount is still a survivor. His racing bib has PP's team on it which is short for our great local tuner at the time, Pete Pistone.

Last edited:

john9897

Aug 21, 2021
Here's a righteous Turnip TT from ' 66.

I don't know of any special race history. Limited use could be why the original headers remained in great condition ?? Most were flattened for obvious reasons.

For a number of years it belonged to Craig Vetter . It was featured in a mag article possibly in the early 1990s. Maybe CycleWorld ?

A few months into the production year, Triumph changed the VIN nomenclature from T120 C to T120 TT. This one is stamped TT.

It runs strong.

View attachment 76

View attachment 134
Bought 66 tt new in the crate from dealer in Ga. in 66 or early 67 for rediculous cheap. Was exactly like this. Wonderful bike wish I could go back in time and get it back. Hooked up c15 lights ran street, scrambles, tt “tavern to tavern”, racing & even enduro once.

Reactions: AHRMA92

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Good Framer stuff indeed. 531 Reynolds Tubing -Brazed together & then plated. Our local racer, the late Wayne Hosaka did a couple years of saddle time on one. Raced mostly at Ascot & Southbay Park Speedway, with the larger 750 mill & a noted Trackmaster swingarm installed later as with a rear disc brake. His 'ol Class C mount is still a survivor. His racing bib has PP's team on it which is short for our great local tuner at the time, Pete Pistone.

I remember Wayne from the 1971 Astrodome ST when he qualified for the Main Event. The announcer, probably Rockwood ?, called out his name and said Hosaka will be in leathers with Suzuki identification, but he'll be riding a Bultaco. The things we remember ! I never met Wayne in person. We communicated several times during the days when the other forum was active. He mailed a few samples of his art work. One of which is my favorite. It's a natural setting, somewhat of an impressionist's view with bright colors depicting Spring flowers. It was a beautiful day- the sun was shining. I believe there's a cottage in the background. Everything is saved & packed and I can't find the exact artwork on the net or I would post the sample. So, he was obviously multi-talented and greatly admired. I'm confident all were humbled by his fortitude and for being the man that he was.

Reactions: AHRMA92

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
Bought 66 tt new in the crate from dealer in Ga. in 66 or early 67 for rediculous cheap. Was exactly like this. Wonderful bike wish I could go back in time and get it back. Hooked up c15 lights ran street, scrambles, tt “tavern to tavern”, racing & even enduro once.

That would have been incredibly exciting. We can read thousands of words discussing the nature of Time. Most of it becomes someone talking in circles. I can condense the gobbledygook into one simple phrase : Time is the dimension of change.

What doesn't change, and hopefully never will, is our memory of the great times we've had.