Proposed 2022 AFT Schedule

Calkins

Dec 10, 2020
Iowa Falls, Iowa
Being from Iowa, and waiting since 2014 for another National at Knoxville, I'll take the Odessa event as a step in the right direction for me. I will be at that one. I had no interest in the Minneapolis events.

Astroracer17

Dec 17, 2020
What happened to the OKC Mile? According to the AFT folks it was 'one of the most popular stops on the schedule'...

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Some races, like Springfield, Lima, etc. are destination events - for motorcycle people. The races that people schedule trips for no matter what. Basically all the others (for traveling fans) are based on convenience. It's good to see some events like Sturgis, Laconia, and Castle Rock being scheduled around MOTORCYCLE events. Motorcycle people will go to motorcycle races - if convenient. The hope for an influx of crossover attendance by car racing folks hasn't panned out yet. I don't anticipate it ever happening for various reasons. That said, putting together a national schedule is tough. I'm happy to see as many bright spots as there are. Now its up to motorcycle people to fill the seats!

Reactions: Calkins

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
AFT Sched..png
Can't say I'm unhappy with this schedule. Sure it can ALWAYS be better, but this isn't bad.
I don't know the secret to getting promoters onboard but getting fans in the seats sure would help.

Reactions: AHRMA92 and Calkins

Calkins

Dec 10, 2020
Iowa Falls, Iowa
I haven't been to a flat track race since crewing on the Gately Triumph at Knoxville in 2014. I am really looking forward to the Odessa, Missouri race. I sure would love to see Knoxville make the schedule again.

303557_10151222815199468_1913658786_n.jpg

Reactions: AHRMA92

AHRMA92

Dec 9, 2020
I was hoping for another Perris. It's a shame the west doesn't get much love.
I hear ya Eli. Just one out here on the West Coast. With that Sacto is still over a 1000 mile round trip from where I'm at here in San Diego's East County area.
The Perris 1/2 mile was great as it was only about a 150 mile round trip. Hopefully one day it will come back.
Clyde

ambike

Dec 10, 2020
America is a big country. Takes a lot a driving to go from A to B.

Looks like we have more than a few who think our Freedom of Movement must be complicated.

And the cost per mile doesn't become any cheaper with the US peso always being devalued.

Restrictions and internal passports = " Your papers, comrade ! "

You know what I'm driving at.

Are you guys vaccinated ?

I don't expect real push coming to shove, but what if it does ?

Where's the line ?

I know where mine is and it's a personal choice. I like being all natural.

I'm healthy. Fortunately, it's been that way for years and I don't like guessing about " fluids ".

It's never a good idea to muck with things that aren't broken.