Show us Your Flat Track Photos

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
The Rooks County Free Fair. 110 years of racing and counting!
Have a date for 2021??? I had to miss it - and every other race - last year. :(

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Is it still "dirt track" when it's on concrete??? :rolleyes:

YEAH! It is... kinda. :cool: I just recently worked up this design for Maryland short track racing, which has long been best known for the "Indoor Timonium" races in January. The sticker design was inspired by an old photo of brothers Willie & Rob Crabbe at Timonium. No merch yet but working on the details.

SHORT TRACK OPAQUE.2.png

Reactions: Far West Fast Eddie

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
That is one sweet Yam! Just this afternoon I mentioned the Yamaha backed FT project using the XV750 engine while visiting an old friend who is a looongtime Yamaha dealer and a racing fanatic. Wow! o_O Probably shouldn't have opened THAT can of worms. Don't want to sidetrack from that beautiful XS but the short version is no less than Mert Lawwell & Dick Mann (among others) were involved in developing the project, which wasn't quite ready by the opener so Mert loaned (Yamaha factory rider) Mike Kidd one of his XR's and by the time the experimental XV was ready, Kidd was on his way to the #1 plate!
Not wanting to risk a good thing on an unproven platform, Mike raced XR's the rest of the season. THEN... Honda lured him away in 82 and they ran the #1 plate, won on a Harley with a Yamaha paycheck. ...just in case anyone thinks flat track drama is something new. :ROFLMAO::LOL:;)

Here's a (not so great) photo of a photo of Randy Neal of Maryland about 1985 with the XS prepared by Eddie Askins for Willie Crabbe (Nat'l #46) to race.
That's Randy's number. This being after Willie's passing in 1982. The factory should have given Willie a ride on that XV.
R. Neal on WIllie Crabe bike.jpg

oupa

Dec 20, 2020
Wondering... if anyone has any info on this one? All I know is it's a guy named Ray Goff and the photo was taken at Hagerstown (MD.) Speedway. That's a pre-pull-tab beer can which puts it in the early 60's at least. Is that a 58 Chevy??? :unsure: I believe his district number was 40Y 1950-59. He had Nat'l #62 in 1960. He's running 18E in this photo.

Ray Goff Mich.  at Hag. 6.5.59.jpg